Reporting a change in your personal information to the Dutch government from abroad

If you live outside the Netherlands and there is a change in your situation, you usually have to report this to one or more Dutch government organisations. Changes may have certain consequences for you, such as the amount of benefit you receive.

Reporting a change of address

If you move, you only need to report your change of address once. This is because all Dutch government organisations use the address at which you are registered in the Non-residents Records Database (RNI). You can view this information on MijnOverheid.

If you live in the Netherlands and are moving abroad, you must deregister from your municipality in the Netherlands. The municipality will then ensure that your new address is included in the Non-residents Records Database (RNI). The RNI is a part of the BRP.

If you live abroad and are moving to another address abroad, you can report your change of address online using the Change of Address Abroad service portal

Attention: You need a DigiD for this. If you don’t have a DigiD, find out how else to report a change of foreign address.

If you live abroad and are moving to the Netherlands, you must register with the Dutch municipality where you will be living. The municipality will ensure that your information is added to the BRP.

Reporting other changes from abroad

You should report other changes directly to the government organisations you have dealings with. Inform them, for example, if there is a change in your marital status, if you become a parent, or if you and your partner begin living together. You should also report any changes in your salary or bank account number.

Tax Administration (Belastingdienst)

Reporting a change concerning: 

CAK, the central office for exceptional medical insurance

Education Executive Agency (DUO)

The municipality of The Hague

Social Insurance Bank (SVB)

Reporting a change concerning:

Employee Insurance Agency (UWV)

Reporting a change concerning: 

Also useful