Reporting changes that are relevant for your supplementary child benefit

Changes in your situation can influence the amount of your supplementary child benefit, so it is important that you report any changes as soon as possible. You can do this online via Mijn toeslagen or by phoning the international tax information line.


Notify the Tax Administration of any changes as soon as possible to avoid having to repay money that you weren’t entitled to.

What changes affect your supplementary child benefit?

  • Changes to your income
  • Changes to your assets
  • Changes to who you live with or share a house with
  • Getting married or entering into a registered partnership
  • Getting divorced.

Reporting changes

Change of address

If you live abroad and you are moving to a new address abroad, you can submit a change of address online using the Change of Address Abroad service portal (information in Dutch). You will need DigiD for this.

You can also report the change of address to the Tax Administration yourself using the form Notification of change of address abroad (information in Dutch).

New bank account number

If you have a foreign bank account with an IBAN (international bank account number), you can provide your new bank account number via Mijn toeslagen (information in Dutch).

If your bank account does not have an IBAN, send the Tax Administration a letter (information in Dutch) to tell them what your new bank account number is.

After reporting a change

After you have reported a change, the Tax Administration will recalculate the amount of your supplementary child benefit. The amount could change or you could no longer be entitled to the benefit. You will get a letter about any changes in your Message Box on MijnOverheid (information in English) and on Mijn toeslagen (information in Dutch). You will also get the letter by post.

Reporting changes to other organisations

If there is a change in your situation, you may have to report this to other Dutch government organisations as well.

Read more more about changing your details with the Dutch government from abroad


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Also useful