You can apply for DigiD from abroad via Digid.nl. Collect your activation code via video call or from a DigiD collection point in the Netherlands or abroad to activate your DigiD.
Conditions for applying for DigiD
- You have Dutch nationality or the nationality of another country within the European Economic Area (EEA)
- You have a valid passport or identity card (driving license not allowed) from an EEA country
- You have a citizen service number (BSN)
- You are registered in the Non-residents Records Database (RNI). You do not need an RNI-extract when you apply for a DigiD.
- You have a telephone which can receive text messages (SMS) both in the Netherlands and abroad
- You have an email address
Once you’ve applied for the DigiD, you’ll be sent a service desk code by email and by SMS. You’ll need this code to collect your activation code via video call or from a DigiD collection point in the Netherlands or abroad.
Your service desk code will be valid for 30 days only. We therefore advise you to make an appointment to collect the activation code before you apply for DigiD. That way you can be sure that the code will not have expired before the day of your appointment.
- Receiving your DigiD via video call
- Collecting your DigiD in the Netherlands
- Collecting your DigiD abroad (or the Caribbean part of the Netherlands)
Other EU-approved login key
You do not have a DigiD, but you do have another EU-approved login key? This also allows you to arrange your affairs online with many Dutch organisations, such as SVB, Tax and Customs Administration, DUO, CJIB, UWV and RDW.
General Old Age Pensions (AOW)
If you receive, or will soon be receiving, a Dutch General Old Age Pension (AOW), you can apply for DigiD via the Social Insurance Bank (SVB). You will not need to video call or go to a DigiD collection point.