Do you live outside the Netherlands? And did you apply for a Digid and have you received a service desk code? You can collect your activation code via video call with Netherlands Worldwide. Make an appointment and prepare everything you will need beforehand. You need the activation code to activate your DigiD.
Make an appointment
- To schedule a video call between 9.00 and 17.00 local Dutch time, make an appointment with desk 1, 2 or 3. Appointments for these desks open every Friday at 9.00 local Dutch time for the following week.
- To schedule a video call between 15.00 and 22.30 local Dutch time, make an appointment with desk 7, 8 or 9. Appointments for these desks open every Friday at 14.00 local Dutch time for the following week.
Confirmation of the appointment
After making the appointment you will receive an email confirmation with instructions and a video call link.
What you’ll need for the appointment
- Your service desk code, starting with a B. You will receive this code in a text message (SMS) and in an email once you have applied for a DigiD. Your service desk code is valid for 30 days.
- Your DigiD username and password.
- Your valid passport or identity card issued by a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and which you used when filling in your application. Driving licences are not accepted.
- Your Dutch citizen service number (BSN), if it is not on your passport or ID card.
- A registration in the Non-residents Records Database (RNI). You do not need an RNI-extract for the video call appointment.
- A laptop with a webcam and microphone, or a tablet with a front camera.
- A stable internet connection for making the video call.
- An up-to-date internet browser, like Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Safari.
You must be in the video call yourself to receive your activation code. You may get help from someone.
Activate your DigiD during the appointment
You can use the activation code to activate your DigiD. Activation can be done via DigiD.nl. If there’s time left, you can do this during your online appointment. The staff member can help you with this.
The activation code is valid for 21 days. Be sure to activate your DigiD within 21 days, otherwise you will need to submit a new DigiD application.
If you do not succeed
You will be sent a service desk code by SMS and email when you apply for a DigiD. If your service desk code has expired, you have to apply for a new DigiD. With your request you will receive a new service desk code. You do not need to make a new video call appointment.