Reporting a change in your situation for childcare benefit outside the Netherlands

A change in your situation could affect the amount of childcare benefit you receive. It’s therefore important to report any change in your situation promptly. You can do so using the Mijn toeslagen portal or by calling the tax information line for non-residents.


Report any change in your situation to the Tax Administration as soon as possible to avoid having to later repay childcare benefit you were not entitled to.

Which changes affect your childcare benefit?

  • You stop working
  • The number of hours you work changes
  • Your income changes
  • You start or stop living together with a partner or flatmate
  • You get married or enter into a registered partnership
  • You get divorced or separate from your partner
  • You have another child
  • Your child stops attending childcare
  • The number of hours per week your child attends childcare changes
  • Your child moves from daycare to out-of-school care
  • Your child changes childcare centre

Reporting a change in your situation

Change of address

If you live outside the Netherlands and move to another location outside the Netherlands, you can report a change of address (information in Dutch) online using the Moving Abroad portal. You will need a DigiD for this.

You can also report a change of address directly to the Tax Administration using the Change of Address outside the Netherlands form (information in Dutch).

Change of bank account

If your bank account outside the Netherlands changes and the account has an IBAN, you can report the change using the Mijn toeslagen (information in Dutch) portal.

If the account number does not have an IBAN, you can send a letter to the Tax Administration (information in Dutch) to notify them of your new account number.

After reporting a change

After you have reported a change in your situation, the Tax Administration will recalculate your benefit. You may stop receiving a benefit or the amount of your benefit may change. You will be notified of this in Mijn toeslagen (information in Dutch), in your Message Box and by post.

Reporting changes to other organisations

If there is a change in your situation, you may have to report this to other Dutch government organisations as well.

Read more more about changing your details with the Dutch government from abroad


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Also useful