Reporting a change relating to my incapacity benefit from the Netherlands

Changes in your situation can affect the incapacity benefit you receive from the Employee Insurance Agency (UWV). That is why it’s important to report them in good time, even if you live outside the Netherlands. You can do so using the Mijn UWV portal, by filling out and sending in a form or by phone.


Always report a change within one week of when you knew or could have known it took place.

Changes in your personal or professional situation or regarding your income

If there has been a change in your personal or professional situation or regarding your income, you can report it using a form available on Print the form, fill it out and send it in by post.

To fill out the form you need your citizen service number (BSN).

Attention: Have you reached the AOW state pension age? Then your incapacity benefit will stop automatically.

Change in your health

If your health improves or deteriorates, or you are admitted to hospital, a nursing home or other form of institution, this can also have an impact on your incapacity benefit from the UWV. How you should report such a change depends on the benefit in question.

Reporting changes to other government organisations

If there is a change in your situation, you may have to report this to several Dutch government organisations.

Read more about reporting a change to the Dutch government from abroad


If you have a question about reporting a change, contact the UWV by phone on +31 (0)88 898 2001. You can reach the UWV on this number from Monday to Friday between 8.00 and 17.00 (Dutch time). Have your citizen service number (BSN) close at hand when you call.