Netherlands Worldwide

Reporting changes that are relevant for your child benefit outside the Netherlands

If you live outside the Netherlands and your personal details or situation changes, you must report this to the Social Insurance Bank (SVB) within 6 weeks. You can do this via My SVB or by post.

Which changes do I need to report?

If you live outside the Netherlands, you must notify the SVB within 6 weeks if: 

  • you and/or your child are moving to a new address or to another country
  • there is a change in your personal situation. For example, you have had another child. Or you and your spouse are getting a divorce.

See the full list of changes that you must report to the SVB.

Reporting changes

Changing your bank account number via My SVB

If you want to change your bank account number via My SVB, you will need DigiD with SMS verification or the DigiD app.

After reporting a change

After the SVB has processed your change, you will receive a letter of confirmation in your MijnOverheid Berichtenbox (Message Box) and by post.

Reporting changes to other organisations

If there is a change in your situation, you may have to report this to other Dutch government organisations as well.

Read more more about changing your details with the Dutch government from abroad


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Also useful