Reporting changes that may affect your surviving dependants’ benefit

If you live outside the Netherlands and receive surviving dependants’ benefit and your personal situation changes, you must report this to the Social Insurance Bank (SVB) within 6 weeks online or by post . You could be fined if you do not report a change on time.

The changes you need to report

Notify the SVB within 6 weeks of the following changes in your personal situation:

  • the composition of your household changes
  • your income changes
  • you move to a new address
  • there is a change in your incapacity to work
  • you or your child is sent to prison
  • you have a new bank account number

This list is not complete. See all the changes you need to report to the SVB.

How to report a change

Changing your bank account number via My SVB

If you want to change your bank account number via My SVB, you will need DigiD with SMS verification or the DigiD app.

After reporting a change

After the SVB has processed your change you will receive a message in your MijnOverheid Berichtenbox (Message Box) and by post.

If the amount of your benefit changes you will be notified.


If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Also useful