Netherlands Worldwide

Certificate of legal capacity to marry. Choose your country.

Are you a Dutch national wishing to marry in your country of residence? The authorities in that country may ask you to produce a certificate of legal capacity to marry. The embassy or consulate-general can draw up this document for you.

Attention: Due to the coronavirus, the possibilities to apply for a consular declaration at an embassy or consulate-general are limited. Choose the country where you live to check if it is possible to apply.