Collecting a DigiD activation code in Australia
If you have applied for DigiD from outside the Netherlands, you will be sent a collection code. Use this code to collect your activation code from the consulate-general in Sydney. You need the activation code to activate your DigiD.
Making an appointment
You will need to make an appointment to collect your DigiD activation code from the Dutch consulate-general in Sydney. Tip: make the appointment before you apply for your DigiD via Digid.nl. Your collection code will be valid for 30 days only.
Due to the corona virus, the possibilities to collect a DigiD activation code at the consulate-general are limited. Please check the online appointment system to see if it is possible to make an appointment. If no times are available, it is not yet possible to make an appointment at the consulate general. Are you going to the Netherlands anytime soon? Then you can go to a DigiD collection point in the Netherlands.
Things to bring with you
- Your collection code, sent to you by text message (SMS) and by email when you submitted your DigiD application
- Your passport or identity card (driving license not allowed) issued by a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and which you used when filling in your application
- Your citizen service number (BSN), if it is not included in your passport or on your identity card
You will need to collect the activation code in person. You cannot ask someone else to collect it for you.
Collecting the activation code from another DigiD collection point
- Collecting a DigiD activation code in the Netherlands
- Collecting a DigiD activation code in another country
After you have collected the activation code
Once you have the activation code you can activate your DigiD. Tip: activate your DigiD as soon as you have the code, before you leave the building. A member of staff may be able to help you if it doesn’t work.
Don't have a collection code yet?
You will be sent a collection code when you submit your DigiD application.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.