If you have applied for DigiD from outside the Netherlands, you will be sent a service desk code. Use this code to collect your activation code from the Dutch embassy in Rome. You need the activation code to activate your DigiD.
Making an appointment
You will need to make an appointment to collect your DigiD activation code from the embassy. Tip: make the appointment before you apply for your DigiD via Digid.nl. Your service desk code will be valid for 30 days only.
Things to bring with you
- Your service desk code, sent to you by text message (SMS) and by email when you submitted your DigiD application
- Your passport or identity card (driving license not allowed) issued by a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) and which you used when filling in your application
- Your citizen service number (BSN), if it is not included in your passport or on your identity card
Collecting the activation code from another DigiD collection point
- Collecting a DigiD activation code in the Netherlands
- Collecting a DigiD activation code in another country
Receiving the activation code via video call
Do you live or are you abroad and do you need to travel a long way to collect your DigiD activation code? Or is there no DigiD collection point near you? You can also collect your DigiD activation code online in a video call with a Netherlands Worldwide staff member.
After you have collected the activation code
Once you have the activation code you can activate your DigiD. Tip: activate your DigiD as soon as you have the code, before you leave the building. A member of staff may be able to help you if it doesn’t work.
Don't have a service desk code yet?
You will be sent a service desk code when you submit your DigiD application.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.