Applying for a passport or identity card
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it may not be possible to apply for a passport or ID card at certain embassies or consulates-general, or certain restrictions may apply. This also applies for some external service providers such as VFS Global. It is still possible to submit an application at the passport counter at Amsterdam Schiphol airport or via a border municipality in the Netherlands. Choose one of the options and check if it is possible to apply.
If you want to apply for a passport to avoid losing your Dutch citizenship, you can also apply for a certificate of Dutch nationality.
- Q&A Effects of coronavirus on passport or ID card applications
- Applying for a passport or identity card if you live abroad
- Applying for a passport or ID card at a border municipality in the Netherlands
- Applying for a passport or ID card at Schiphol
- What is the difference between a passport and an identity card (ID card)?
- Business passport