Applying for a passport or identity card
Due to the corona virus (COVID-19), until further notice, you cannot apply for a passport or ID card at most embassies and consulates-general. This also applies to applications at an office of an external service provider such as VFS Global. You can submit your application at the passport counter at Schiphol or via a border municipality in the Netherlands. Choose one of the options and check if it is possible to apply. Please note: If you want to apply for a passport and this is only because you will otherwise lose your Dutch citizenship? Then please apply for a certificate of Dutch nationality.
- Q&A Effects coronavirus on passport or ID card applications
- Applying for a passport or identity card if you live abroad
- Applying for a passport or ID card at a border municipality in the Netherlands
- Applying for a passport or ID card at Schiphol
- Difference passport and ID card
- Business passport