I live outside the Netherlands and my Dutch passport or identity card has expired (or has almost expired). What should I do?

Language selection:English

If you live outside the Netherlands you can apply for a new passport or ID card. In most cases this is possible even if your old document has expired. Whether you should apply for a passport or ID card depends on what you want the document for.

What do you want to use the document for?


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.