Registering a birth and acknowledging parentage of a child outside the Netherlands. Choose your country.

If your child is born outside the Netherlands, you must register their birth in the country where they were born. How you do that varies by country. If you live in the Netherlands, you must also register the birth in the Netherlands. It is usually possible to acknowledge parentage of a child in the country where the child is born. You can also do this in the Netherlands.


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.