Applying for consular declarations

Due to the coronavirus, the possibilities to apply for a consular declaration at an embassy or consulate-general are limited. You can however apply for a Dutch nationality certificate. Choose the declaration you need and check if it is possible to apply for it in the country where you live.

When is a consular declaration required?

There are various reasons why Dutch nationals abroad might require a consular declaration. They may, for instance, need to submit one to the Social Insurance Bank (SVB), a pension fund, a Dutch municipality, or the authorities in the country where they live. Bear in mind that embassies and consulates must always observe the laws of the country concerned when drawing up consular declarations.

Where can I apply for a consular declaration?

You can apply for a consular declaration at the Dutch embassy or consulate in the country where you live.

Applying for a consular declaration

You can apply for the following consular declarations at a Dutch embassy or consulate:

You can request the following certificate from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

Certificate of conduct (VOG)

You can apply to the Integrity and Screening Agency (Justis) for a certificate of conduct (VOG).