Caribbean parts of the Kingdom

If you are planning to visit or live in Aruba, Curaçao, St Maarten or the Netherlands in the Caribbean, there will be a number of things to arrange.


For tourist information, go to:


You may need a Caribbean visa for a stay on the islands. For more information on the terms and conditions and the procedure, see the page on visa for the Caribbean parts of the Kingdom.

Living and working

If you are planning to live on one of the islands there will be a number of things to arrange.

First, you will need to get a residence permit. The waiting times for a check of any previous police record can be long. So it's advisable to apply for the documents you need in good time.

See the government websites of each island for information about what you will need to arrange. You can also read more about the healthcare and education systems on the islands.