Optional sickness insurance coverage outside the Netherlands

If you work outside the Netherlands and are not insured against loss of income due to illness, you can take out sickness insurance. You can take this insurance out with UWV, a benefits organisation in the country where you live or an insurance company. If you become ill, the insurance will mean you still have an income.


If you don’t know whether you are insured against loss of income due to illness or where you are insured, first check where you are insured.

Where do you want to be insured?

If you are moving abroad


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact UWV (information in Dutch).