If you want to use a document from the Cayman Islands in the Netherlands, you must have it legalised by the local British authorities in George Town.
Which documents can be legalised?
You can have various documents legalised, such as diplomas and certificates. The most common documents are extracts from civil status records:
- an official copy of a birth certificate
- an official copy of a marriage certificate
- an official copy of a death certificate
You can request these documents on the Cayman Islands government website.
- a certificate of unmarried status
- an official copy of a divorce certificate
Ask the local authorities where you can get these documents.
Where and how can you have your document legalised?
Have your document from the Cayman Islands legalised by the local British authorities in George Town. To find out how this works, go to Legalisation of documents from the United Kingdom for use in the Netherlands.