If you have the Dutch nationality and you need a birth certificate, marriage certificate or other document from abroad, the Consular Service Centre (CDC) in The Hague can sometimes help. They can assist you in obtaining the document from abroad and having it legalised. The centre can provide assistance for the countries listed below.
List of countries in alphabetical order
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Brunei Darussalam
- Burkina Faso
- Canada (only document legalisation assistance)
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Palestinian Territories
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- São Tomé and Principe
- South Korea (Republic of Korea)
- Sri Lanka
- Uganda (only if the original certificate is registered with the central government authorities in Kampala)
- United Arab Emirates (no assistance in obtaining marriage and divorce certificates)
Is your country not on the list?
If the country that issued your document is not on the list, the CDC cannot help you obtain the document and have it legalised.
Instead, try obtaining the document via family, friends, a lawyer or notary in the country that issued the document.