Netherlands Worldwide

Legalisation of Dutch documents for use abroad

Language selection:English

If you want to use a Dutch document in another country, you usually need to have it legalised first. This is done with a special stamp or sticker. Check the requirements the Dutch document has to meet with the embassy or consulate of the country where you intend to use it. You may need to have the document translated before it can be legalised.

You can use documents issued by countries or municipalities that are part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands anywhere in the Kingdom without legalisation.