Check first whether you meet the conditions for naturalisation.
How does naturalisation work?
- Take the naturalisation test.
- Make sure you have the required documents.
- Make an appointment at a Dutch embassy or consulate general.
- Take your documents to the Dutch embassy or consulate general.
- Submit your application there.
- Pay the naturalisation fee.
- The Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) assesses your application. This can take up to one year.
- You receive the result of your application.
- If the IND approves your application, you attend a naturalisation ceremony, where you make a declaration of solidarity.
After the ceremony you will be a Dutch citizen.
Objecting the IND's decision
If the IND denies your application, you will receive a letter explaining their decision. The letter will also include information on how to lodge an objection to the IND’s decision.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.