Netherlands Worldwide

Getting married in the Philippines

If you are a Dutch national and you are planning to get married in the Philippines, check the additional requirements you must meet and the documents you will need. If you live in the Netherlands, you must register your foreign marriage certificate or certificate of registered partnership with your municipality, so that the details can be entered in the Personal Records Database (BRP).

Marrying in this country or region

If you would like further information about getting married in the Philippines, please visit the Dutch language version of this page: Trouwen in de Filipijnen.

Are you a Dutch national and have you never lived in the Netherlands? You may need a certificate of legal capacity to marry in the Philippines issued by the embassy.


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.