If you live in Ethiopia you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands embassy in Addis Ababa can draw up this document for you.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
Application procedure for consular certificates in Ethiopia
You can make an appointment via the online appointment system.
You can check the fees and the payment method at the overview of consular fees in Ethiopia.
Retrieving your document
For retrieving certificates when ready there is no need to make an appointment. Opening hours:
Monday - Thursday 14:00 - 15:30 hours
Friday 11:00 - 12:30 hours
Check the days on which the embassy is closed.
In case you have a question, you can send an e-mail via the contact form.