Applying for a certificate of marital status in Slovakia

Are you a Dutch national, living in Slovakia and do you need a certificate of marital status (potvrdenie o osobnom stave)? The Dutch embassy in Bratislava does not issue this certificate. You can apply for this certificate at the Dutch embassy in Prague, Czech Republic.

Warning: If you are registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP) in the Netherlands, apply for this document from the municipality where you are registered. You may need to have the declaration/certificate translated and legalised before you can use it outside the Netherlands.


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.