Applying for a certificate of marital status in Iraq

Are you a Dutch national, living in Iraq and do you need a certificate of marital status (ثباتالحالةالاجتماعية)? The Dutch embassy in Bagdad and the consulate-general in Erbil do not issue this certificate. You can get this certificate from the Iraqi Ministry of Interior Affairs, department person status of your municipality.

Warning: If you are registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP) in the Netherlands, apply for this document from the municipality where you are registered. You may need to have the declaration/certificate translated and legalised before you can use it outside the Netherlands.


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.