Applying for a certificate of marital status in Canada

Are you a Dutch national, living in Canada and do you need a certificate of marital status (search of marriage record)? The Dutch embassy in Ottawa or the consulate-general in Vancouver and in Toronto do not issue this certificate. In Canada you can get a certificate from a Provincial Vital Office.

Warning: If you are registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP) in the Netherlands, apply for this document from the municipality where you are registered. You may need to have the declaration/certificate translated and legalised before you can use it outside the Netherlands.


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.