Netherlands Worldwide

Applying for a certificate of marital status in Australia

Are you a Dutch national living in Australia and do you need a certificate of marital status (single status certificate)? The Dutch consulate-general does not issue this certificate. You can get his certificate from the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (BDM).

Attention: If you are registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP) in the Netherlands, apply for this document from the municipality where you are registered. You may need to have the declaration/certificate translated and legalised before you can use it outside the Netherlands.


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.