Declaration of marital status in Canada

The Netherlands embassy in Ottawa, the consulate-general in Vancouver and Toronto do not issue this declaration.

We suggest you contact the Canadian provincial or territorial authorities and request a (negative) "search of marriage" or you request a Statement in Lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad from Canadian Global Affairs.


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please send your questions via the contact form.