The processing times are listed below.
- Your application processing time will start on the day the Consular Services Organization of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs have received the documents needed for your application, together with your passport.
- You’ll get a letter or email to let you know that a decision has been made on your application.
|Type of visa||Processing time|
|Short-stay Schengen visa||15 calendar days|
|Airport transit visa||15 calendar days|
|Short-stay Caribbean visa||15 calendar days|
|Long-stay Caribbean visa||15 calendar days|
|Long-stay visa (mvv)||15 calendar days|
|Entry visa||15 calendar days|
Why you might wait longer
The processing time can further increase to 45 calendar days. Reasons why your visa application may take longer include:
- Your application is impacted by high volume.
- Your application requires further consideration.
- You need to provide additional documents.
You can track the status of your visa application for the Netherlands online. We have no additional information about the status of your application. Please do not contact us about the status of your application.