When you apply for a Schengen visa, you will need to pay the visa fee. The overview of consular fees sets out how much a visa costs and what forms of payment are accepted.
See the overview of consular fees
Visa fee exemptions
You do not have to pay the visa fee if you are:
- applying for Schengen visa facilitation;
- applying for a visa for a child aged under 5;
- a school pupil or student travelling in connection with your schooling or studies, or an accompanying teacher;
- a researcher travelling for academic research or to take part in an academic seminar or conference;
- aged 25 or under and travelling to represent a non-profit organisation at a sporting, cultural or educational event or a conference organised by a non-profit organisation.
If you apply for a visa via VFS Global or TLScontact, you also have to pay service costs for the processing of your application. You will need to pay these costs even if you do not have to pay the visa fee.
Find out where and how to submit a visa application in your country or region
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.