Conditions for extending a short-stay Schengen visa
To be allowed to extend your visa, you must meet the following conditions:
- Your stay in the Schengen Area must not exceed 90 days in total. If you stay longer than 90 days, your visa will be limited to the Netherlands.
- You must explain why you need to extend your stay. If you are unable to return to your own country before your visa expires, you will need to show documents to demonstrate why.
- You must have enough money for your stay in the Netherlands (at least €55 a day). Or you can ask someone to act as a guarantor.
- You must have valid travel and/or health insurance.
- Your passport must be valid for at least another 6 months and must not be more than 10 years old.
- There must be no indications that you have other reasons for extending your visa, for example illegal residence in the Netherlands.
- You must pay a fee to extend a Schengen visa.
Make an appointment with the IND
Contact the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) to extend your visa.