Caribbean Carpet Programme
Do you regularly travel to the Caribbean parts of the Kingdom? If so, you may be able to apply for your visa through the Caribbean Carpet Programme. The programme simplifies the application procedure and your visa will also be valid for longer.
Due to the coronavirus, until further notice, you cannot apply for a Caribbean visa at an embassy, consulate-general or external service provider such as VFS Global. Read the Q&A Caribbean visa for more information.
If you are over 18 years old, regularly travel to Aruba, Curaçao, St Maarten, Bonaire, Saba or St Eustatius and currently hold a short-stay Caribbean visa, check whether you belong to one of the groups below:
- In the past 5 years, you have applied for a Caribbean visa at least 2 times.
- You are travelling to the region for medical reasons. If so, you will need a doctor’s certificate.
- You hold a privileged travel document. If so, bring the document and a photocopy.
- You are taking part in an organised group trip.
- You are attending a meeting or conference. If so, the host organisation will request permission to host the meeting or conference in advance. You should submit evidence of this.
- You are sailing or taking part in another maritime sport.
- You are part owner of a holiday home (time share). If so, you will need to provide the contract of sale.
- You are travelling with someone who is participating in the Caribbean Carpet Programme.
If you wish to do business or invest in the Caribbean part of the Kingdom, you must demonstrate that you have ties to a business in the region. You must also complete the Caribbean Carpet Programme application form for businesses. (PDF, 257 KB)
If you work in the maritime sector, for example as a crew member on a ship, you will need to provide a seaman’s record book or a contract with the shipowner.
If you live in one of the Caribbean parts of the Kingdom and have a residence permit, work permit or ‘belongers’ certificate, the Caribbean Carpet Programme makes it easier to visit the other islands.
Advantages of the Caribbean Carpet Programme
- You only need to be present the first time you apply.
- Your visa will be valid for longer than normal: between 1 and 4 years, or until your passport expires.
- You don’t need to provide proof of travel or accommodation reservations.
If you think you are eligible for the Caribbean Carpet Programme, make sure you have the documents to prove it and complete the Caribbean visa application form.
Make an appointment at your nearest Dutch embassy or consulate-general.