Netherlands Worldwide

Legalisation of documents from Vatican City for use in the Netherlands

To use a document from Vatican City in the Netherlands, you must first have it legalised by the authorities in Vatican City.

Which documents can be legalised?

You can have various documents legalised, such as diplomas and certificates. The most common documents are extracts from civil status records:

  • an official copy of a birth certificate
  • a certificate of unmarried status
  • an official copy of a marriage certificate
  • an official copy of a death certificate

Ask the authorities in Vatican City where you can get the documents you need.

Where and how can you have your documents legalised?

Ask the local authorities how you can get your document from Vatican City legalised for use in the Netherlands.