If you live in Zimbabwe you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Dutch embassy in Harare can draw up this document for you.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
How to apply for a consular certificate at the Dutch embassy in Harare
Scan the required documents and proof of payment and send it by email to the embassy with full details of what the payment is for. The certificate needs to be specified for it’s purpose, so please mention the purpose of the certificate in your email.
When the document is ready, the embassy will contact you after which you contact courier services to come and collect the documents at the embassy in Harare and deliver to your address.
On average it takes 5 working days for the certificate to be produced.
If you want to come in person to the embassy in Harare, you'll have to make an appointment via the online appointment system.
How much do you need to pay?
For the costs of a certificate you can check the overview of consular fees.
The payment is made through the ING-account in the Netherlands:
Bank account name: Ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken Betreft FSO-Posten
Bank: ING Bank
Address: Financial Plaza Bijlmerdreef 109, 102 BW Amsterdam, Nederland
IBAN: NL74 INGB 0705454177
In the description of the payment you have to mention :
- Consular Statement
- Name and surname
Please note all costs of the transfer are on the client’s account.
In case you have a question, you can send an e-mail via the contact form.