If you live in Tanzania you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands embassy in Dar es Salaam can draw up this document for you.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a valid Dutch passport
- a valid Dutch national identity card
- a valid certificate of Dutch nationality
How much do you need to pay?
A consular certificate costs €30,00 per certificate.
Please transfer the total amount in euros (EUR) payable to:
|Bank name||ING Bank N.V.|
|Adress bank||Financial Plaza, Bijlmerdreef 106|
|Postal code bank||1102 CT|
|Account holder||Ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)|
|Postal code||2515 XP|
|Location||Den Haag (The Hague)|
|IBAN||NL57 INGB 0705 0010 08|
Important!When making the transfer please state the following: VOW - <initials and last name> - <country/city where you apply for the certificate>.
For example: VOW - PJ Janssen - US, Washington
Certificate of residence in this country or region
How do you apply for a certificate?
Send a scan (in pdf format) of all the required documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t forget to mention in your email for which purpose you need the certificate.
How long will this process take?
The average processing time for applications is 10 working days. You may be asked to send additional documents if your application is not complete. Please note! This may result in a delay in processing your application.
You will receive the certificate via email.
In case you have a question, you can send an e-mail via the contact form.