Applying for a certificate of residence in Sweden

Are you a Dutch national living in Sweden, and do you need a certificate of residence (personebevis). The Dutch embassy in Stockholm does not issue this certificate. You can request this certificate via the Swedish tax authorities, Skatteverket.

Warning: If you are registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP) in the Netherlands, apply for this document from the municipality where you are registered. You may need to have the declaration/certificate translated and legalised before you can use it outside the Netherlands.


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.