Netherlands Worldwide

Certificate of residence in Saudi Arabia

If you live in Saudi Arabia you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Dutch embassy in Riyadh can draw up this document for you.

When do you need a certificate of residence?

A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:

  • in connection with various tax and social security contributions
  • when renewing your driving licence

What documents do you need?

You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:

  • a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
  • proof of your current address
  • proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
    • a Dutch passport
    • a Dutch national identity card
    • a certificate of Dutch nationality

Certificate of residence in this country or region

Applying for a consular declaration or certificate in person

Do you want to apply for a consular declaration or certificate in person?

Please make an appointment via the online appointment system.

Applying for a consular declaration or certificate by post or email

Do you want to apply for a consular declaration or certificate by post or email?

Please send the necessary documents by post to the following address:

Abdullah Hizaf Asehmi Street
(Diplomatic Quarter)
11693 Riyadh

You can also scan the documents and send them to the embassy by email. Please mention in your email for what purpose you need the declaration or certificate. The embassy will write this on the declaration or certificate. 

Did you send original documents? The embassy will send them back to you.


Please check the overview of consular fees to see how much you need to pay. You must arrange and pay for the courier yourself.  

Please transfer the total amount in euros (EUR) payable to:

Bank name: ING Bank N.V.
Bank address: Financial Plaza, Bijlmerdreef 106, 1102 CT Amsterdam
Account holder: Ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Address: Rijnstraat 8, 2515 XP Den Haag (The Hague)
IBAN: NL57 INGB 0705 0010 08

Please state the following on the transfer:

  • Certificate of residence: VOW – [NAME customer] – RIY
  • Declaration of marital status: VOB – [NAME customer] – RIY
  • Certificate of legal capacity to marry: VOH – [NAME customer] – RIY

Example: VOW – PJ Janssen – RIY

Any questions?

In case you have a question, you can send an email via the contact form.