If you live in Mexico you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands embassy in Mexico City can draw up this document for you.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
You can make an appointment via the online appointment system.
By e-mail or post
You can scan the documents and send them by e-mail or your can can send them by mail to:
Indicate clearly in your e-mail or letter what you need the certificate for. We mention this in the certificate. On average it takes 5 working days to prepare a certificate.
Please check the overview of the consular fees for the costs and payment method.
For delivery service please send a prepaid send label of a parcel service.
In case you have a question, you can send an email via the contact form.