Netherlands Worldwide

Certificate of residence in Israel

If you live in Israel you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands embassy in Tel Aviv can draw up this document for you.

When do you need a certificate of residence?

A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:

  • in connection with various tax and social security contributions
  • when renewing your driving licence

What documents do you need?

You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:

  • a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
  • proof of your current address
  • proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
    • a Dutch passport
    • a Dutch national identity card
    • a certificate of Dutch nationality

Certificate of residence in this country or region

Application procedure for consular certificates in Israel

You can send an e-mail to the embassy to apply for your certificate. You can scan all the required documents and send them as an attachment with your email. Please indicate clearly in your email what you need the certificate for. We mention this in the certificate.

The embassy will let you know when you can pick up the certificate. You can then collect the statement during the opening times of the consular department:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM.

Before you come, please check the days that the embassy is closed.


When you collect the certificate, you' ll have to pay for it. Check the overview of the consular fees for the costs and the payment method.

Any questions?

In case you have a question, you can send an email via the contact form.