If you live in Ireland you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands embassy in Dublin can draw up this document for you.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
How do I apply for a consular declaration?
You can apply by e-mail:
- Send your e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include the name of declaration and your surname in the subject of your email.
- Please indicate in the email what you need the declaration for. So the embassy will state the purpose of your declaration in the declaration.
- Do not forget to mention your (mobile) telephone number in the email.
- Make a PDF of all the required documents and send it as an attachment (a photo of your documents is not allowed).
Is the PDF file too large to send in one go? Then split the documents and send them in 2 (or more) emails.
Is your file not complete? Or is something unclear or do you have questions? Then you may have to send additional documents.
How much should I pay?
Is your application complete? Then you will receive an e-mail with the following information:
- The total amount you have to pay: a statement costs €30.
- The reference number to use with your transfer. Please note: if you do not use the reference number, this will lead to a delay in issuing the statement.
- Payment instructions: transfer in euros to the bank account of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs in The Hague.
As soon as your payment has been received, the embassy will draw up the declaration.
You will receive your declaration digitally by e-mail.
How long does it take?
After receiving your proof of payment, it takes about 5 working days to process your request.
Do you have to send additional documents because your application is not complete? Then it takes longer.
In case you have a question, you can send an email via the contact form.