If you live in Hong Kong you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The consulate-general in Hong Kong can draw up this document for you.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
To apply for a consular declaration, you have to make an appointment via our online appointment system.
You can check the overview of our consular fees for the costs and the payment method.
In case you have a question, you can send an email via the contact form.