If you live in Greece you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands embassy in Athens can draw up this document for you.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
Application procedure for consular certificates
You can scan the documents and send them by e-mail or you can send it by mail to:
Indicate clearly in your e-mail what you need the certificate for. We mention this in the certificate.
On average it takes 10 working days to prepare a certificate and send it to your address. Original documents you might have send will be returned.
Please check the overview of the consular fees for the costs and payment method. You increase this amount with € 5 shipping costs.
Transfer the total amount to the embassy's bank account in the name of:
Netherlands Embassy Athens
IBAN: NL05 INGB 0705 4541 77
BIC of SWIFT CODE: INGBNL2AXXX
ING Bank N.V.
PO Box 1800
1000 BV Amsterdam
Please mention on consignment: consular statement + your name.
In case you have a question, you can send an email via the contact form.