Applying for a certificate of residence in Denmark

Are you a Dutch national, living in Denmark and do you need a certificate of residence (bopælsattest)? The Dutch embassy in Copenhagen does not issue this certificate. You can get this certificate from the authorities in Denmark.

Warning: If you are registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP) in the Netherlands, apply for this document from the municipality where you are registered. You may need to have the declaration/certificate translated and legalised before you can use it outside the Netherlands.

How do I apply for the certificate?

In Denmark you can request the certificate of residence using your MitID via the website LifeinDenmark.

Don't you have a MitID? Then apply for the certificate at the civil affairs department of the municipality where you live.


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.