Applying for a certificate of residence outside The Netherlands

Are you a Dutch national, do you live outside the Netherlands and would you like to request a declaration of residence? You can often apply for this at a Dutch embassy in a country nearby.

Read how to apply for a declaration on the Make an appointment outside of the Netherlands page.

Attention: If you are registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP) in the Netherlands, apply for this document from the municipality where you are registered. You may need to have the declaration/certificate translated and legalised before you can use it outside the Netherlands.


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.