Certificate of residence in Thailand
If you live in Thailand you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands embassy in Bangkok can draw up this document for you.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
Make an appointment via the online appointment system.
If you apply for a declaration or letter in the morning, you can pick it up at the same day between 2 and 3 pm or have it sent to your home address. In the latter case, you supply a sufficiently stamped envelope with your name and address in block letters.
Procedure for submitting a written request
Written requests will be returned within 10 working days of receipt.
In case of a written request you must send the documents mentioned above and:
• A letter with request which declaration you want to receive at home.
• In the declaration we must state the purpose for which it is issued. Please indicate clearly why you need the statement.
• For a visa support letter or a certificate of legal capacity to marry in Thailand, you must download, fill out and send a special document, including the required documents (for each statement or letter).
• Copy of your passport.
• THB 1300 in cash (You receive change and a receipt)
• Or a print of your transfer of 30 euros to the bank account in The Hague, stating your initials and last name and ZMA Bangkok
Account name : Ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken Betreft FSO Posten
Account number : NL74INGB0705454177
Name of Bank : ING Bank N.V. te Amsterdam
BIC : INGBNL2A
Currency : EUR
• A return envelope addressed to your home address with sufficient required stamp(s).
• Your contact details (telephone / e-mail). Incomplete applications will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
In case of questions kindly use the contactform.