Certificate of residence in Thailand

If you live in Thailand you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands embassy in Bangkok can draw up this document for you.

When do you need a certificate of residence?

A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:

  • in connection with various tax and social security contributions
  • when renewing your driving licence

What documents do you need?

You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:

  • a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
  • proof of your current address
  • proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
    • a Dutch passport
    • a Dutch national identity card
    • a certificate of Dutch nationality

How much do you need to pay?

A consular certificate costs €30 per certificate. Please transfer the total amount in euros (EUR) payable to:

Bank details
Bank name ING Bank N.V.
Adress bank Financial Plaza, Bijlmerdreef 109
Postal code bank 1102 BW
Bank location Amsterdam
Account holder Ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Address Rijnstraat 8
Postal code 2515 XP
Location Den Haag (The Hague)
IBAN NL57 INGB 0705 0010 08

Important! When making the transfer please state the following: VOW - <initials and last name> - <country/city where you apply for the certificate>.

For example: VOW - PJ Janssen - US, Washington

Certificate of residence in this country or region

How do you apply for a certificate?

Send a scan (in pdf format) of all the required documents to: ban-ca@minbuza.nl.

Please mention your mobile telephone number in your mail and don’t forget to mention for which purpose you need the certificate.

How long will this process take?

The average processing time for applications is 10 working days. You may be asked to send additional documents if your application form is not complete. Please note! This may result in a delay in processing your application.

You will receive the certificate via email.

Extra shipping costs for original certificate

Do you need the original certificate? Please state this clearly in your email. In that case, increase the amount to be paid by EUR 2.00.


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please send your questions via the contact form.