Certificate of residence in South Sudan
If you live in South Sudan you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. An embassy or consulate can draw up this document for you.
Due to the corona virus, you cannot apply for this certificate at most embassies or consulates-general until further notice. Please check the contact page of the embassy or consulate-general to see if and from when it is possible to apply. Don't see a start date on the contact page? Then it is not yet possible to apply.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
Procedure for requesting this document
Send an e-mail to make an appointment.
Check the overview of the consular fees for the costs and the payment method.
Do you have any questions? Send us an e-mail via the contact form.