Applying for a long-stay visa (MVV) for residents of Saudi Arabia

If you want to stay in the Netherlands for longer than 90 days, you may need a residence permit. In many cases you will also have to apply for a long-stay visa before you travel to the Netherlands. This visa is also called an authorisation for temporary stay (MVV).

In Saudi Arabia, you can apply for this visa at the Netherlands embassy in Riyadh.

Do I need an MVV and/or a residence permit?

You should check whether you need an MVV and/or a residence permit. This depends on things like your nationality and the purpose of your stay.

Applying for a residence permit and an MVV

You can apply for a residence permit and an MVV in two ways:

  • through a host in the Netherlands (such as an employer, family member or educational institution)
  • in person at a Netherlands embassy or consulate-general.

If you have a host in the Netherlands, in most cases your host will have to submit the application to the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).

First check whether you need to take the civic integration examination.

What is your situation?

Click '+' to make your selection

Long-stay visa for residents of this country or region

How to apply for a long-stay visa (MVV) in Saudi Arabia?

An appointment is needed to submit your MVV application at the Netherlands embassy in Riyadh. Make an appointment via the online appointment system.

Check the status of your MVV-application.

Check the contact page for opening hours and contact information.

Have your passport with visa sent by post

You can also have your passport with the visa sent to you, for instance by DHL or FedEx courier. You will have to pay the postage charge yourself. You arrange with your courier that they will get your card with the Track & Trace number. With this card the courier can pick up your new travel document at the embassy and send it to you.

Sending your passport with visa to you is at your own risk.