Applying for a long-stay visa (MVV) for residents of the Philippines

If you want to stay in the Netherlands for longer than 90 days, you may need a residence permit. In many cases you will also have to apply for a long-stay visa before you travel to the Netherlands. This visa is also called an authorisation for temporary stay (MVV).

In the Philippines, you can apply for this visa at the Netherlands embassy in Manila.

Important notice!

If the EU travel ban has been lifted for the residents of your country, you can apply for all visa categories. If the EU travel ban has not been lifted for the residents of your country, you can only apply for a visa if you fall under the exemption categories. Check the page " Q&A's Travel restrictions for the Netherlands" to see for which countries the EU travel ban has been lifted and what the exemption categories are. You cannot apply if the embassy/consulate general is not open for service. Please check if you can make an appointment via the appointment system. Are there no dates available? Then it is not yet possible to submit an application.

Do I need an MVV and/or a residence permit?

You should check whether you need an MVV and/or a residence permit. This depends on things like your nationality and the purpose of your stay.

Applying for a residence permit and an MVV

You can apply for a residence permit and an MVV in two ways:

  • through a host in the Netherlands (such as an employer, family member or educational institution)
  • in person at a Dutch embassy or consulate.

If you have a host in the Netherlands, in most cases your host will have to submit the application to the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).

First check whether you need to take the civic integration examination.

What is your situation?

Click '+' to make your selection

Long-stay visa for residents of this country or region

You can schedule an appointment for your MVV application via the online appointment system of the embassy.

The process time for having your passport with MVV sticker ready for your collection is in principle 10 working days.

Passport release

There are 2 ways to have the passport back after processing:

1. Pick-up at VFS Global (not the embassy).

a. Please bring the claim stub issued on the day of application (passport will not be released without the stub).

b. If with representative, authorization letter and valid ID of the representative.

Note: Passport will not be issued without above mentioned documents.

2. Courier Service:

a. Cash on delivery (C.O.D.) via 2GO courier service.

b. Pre-paid pouch from LBC courier service. To be provided by applicant.

Exit stamp requirement for nationals of the Philippines

Once you have received your mvv, you may also need to follow a seminar and get an exit stamp from the Commission Filipinos Overseas (CFO). This is a requirement of the Philippines, not the Netherlands. After having obtained the exit stamp of the CFO, you can move abroad. You may consult the website of the CFO for further details.