Certificate of residence in Nigeria
If you live in Nigeria you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands consulate in Lagos can draw up this document for you.
The Netherlands representation in Abuja does not provide consular services.
Due to the corona virus, the possibilities to apply for this declaration at an embassy or consulate-general are limited. Please check the online appointment system to see if it is possible to make an appointment. If no times are available, it is not yet possible to submit an application at the embassy or consulate general.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
There is no need to make an appointment. Opening hours:
Monday till Thursday 8.00 - 16.00 hour
Friday 8.00 - 15.00 hour
Please check the overview of the consular fees for the costs and payment method.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please send your questions via the contact form.