Certificate of residence in Nigeria
If you live in Nigeria you may occasionally need to produce a certificate of residence. The Netherlands consulate in Lagos can draw up this document for you.
The Netherlands representation in Abuja does not provide consular services.
When do you need a certificate of residence?
A certificate of residence allows you to prove your place of residence abroad. You need this document:
- in connection with various tax and social security contributions
- when renewing your driving licence
What documents do you need?
You need the following documents in order to apply for a certificate of residence:
- a document showing that you have the permission of the local authorities to reside in the country where you are applying – for example, a residence permit (this is not required if you live in the EU)
- proof of your current address
- proof that you have Dutch nationality. This may be any one of the following documents:
- a Dutch passport
- a Dutch national identity card
- a certificate of Dutch nationality
Certificate of residence in this country or region
There is no need to make an appointment. Opening hours:
Monday till Thursday 8.00 - 16.00 hour
Friday 8.00 - 15.00 hour
Please check the overview of the consular fees for the costs and payment method.
Do you have questions after reading the information on this page? Please send an e-mail via the contact form.