Applying for a long-stay visa (MVV) for residents of Lebanon

If you want to stay in the Netherlands for longer than 90 days, you may need a residence permit. In many cases you will also have to apply for a long-stay visa before you travel to the Netherlands. This visa is also called an authorisation for temporary stay (MVV).

In Lebanon, you can apply for this visa at the Netherlands embassy in Beirut. Read further down this page how to make an appointment. Especially in the case of an MVV for family reunificaton (nareis asiel).

Do I need an MVV and/or a residence permit?

You should check whether you need an MVV and/or a residence permit. This depends on things like your nationality and the purpose of your stay.

Applying for a residence permit and an MVV

You can apply for a residence permit and an MVV in two ways:

  • through a host in the Netherlands (such as an employer, family member or educational institution)
  • in person at a Dutch embassy or consulate.

If you have a host in the Netherlands, in most cases your host will have to submit the application to the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).

First check whether you need to take the civic integration examination.

What is your situation?

Click '+' to make your selection

Long-stay visa for residents of this country or region

MVV – residence

Send an e-mail to the Netherlands embassy in Beirut to make an appointment. The embassy will e-mail you the date of your appointment 1-2 weeks in advance.

MVV – family reunification asylum (nareis)

There are currently long waiting times for making an appointment for an MVV for family reunification. We are working hard to assist everyone as best as possible. If you do not already have an appointment with us, you can also apply for your MVV in Dubai or Cairo, if you are sure that you and your family members can travel there.

Contact your IND case officer to inform them that you and your family members want to arrange your MVV at a different location. The IND case officer will amend the decision and inform the embassy in question. You must first wait for the IND to approve your change request before you can make an appointment with the other embassy. The IND will tell you how to make an appointment. If you have any questions about changing the location, please contact your IND case officer.

Send an e-mail to the embassy to make an appointment. State the name of the applicant(s) and the week number of the IND’s approval in the subject line.

Appointments have been scheduled up to mid-December. We currently send out appointments to IND approvals from week 17, 2021 (26 April until 30 April 2021).

Please do not send multiple e-mails for the same person or family. This delays the services of the embassy.

Residents of Syria: Crossing the border into Lebanon

Show your confirmation e-mail from the embassy to cross the border into Lebanon. You will be allowed to enter only shortly before your appointment.

Are you a stateless Palestinian with a travel document issued by the Palestinian or Egyptian authorities? Then your confirmation e-mail is not enough to enter Lebanon. You need a visa from the Lebanese embassy in Damascus.

The Netherlands embassy cannot contact the Lebanese border authorities to help you enter. If you can’t enter Lebanon in time for your appointment, e-mail the embassy to make a new appointment.

Read more about the conditions for entering Lebanon on the website of the Lebanese General Security.